It has happened people. My first blog award nomination from that little linkup called Blogtember. My newish bloggy friend Jess from ObJESSions (seriously go check her out) nominated me for the Sunshine Award. It involves me answering questions for the nominator and then nominating some blogs as well.
So first of all thank you to Jess for the nomination!
Here are the rules: I have to list 11 random facts about me, then answer Jess’s 11 questions, then I have to come up with 11 more questions for the 5 bloggers that I nominate. Are you confused yet? That’s ok. Just keep reading.
Random facts about moi:
- I hate snow. All of it. I spent 20+ years in it; I’m good.
- Pizza is my guilty pleasure of food life.
- I quote movies like it’s my job. Actually only a select few.
- Blogging has become way more fun that I thought it would. Leaving expectations low, I have definitely been pleasantly surprised at the cool chicks I’ve met along the way.
- I’m not detail-oriented at all. Conceptual for the win.
- I once watched a NBA Finals game (Bulls vs Celtics) at a post-Derby party sitting beside the one and only Michael Jordan.
- I love to travel. And I hate flying.
- I love cars. F1 race anyone?
- My best friends are everything. I feel so blessed to have such amazing people in my life
- I love to paint/draw more than writing. But writing is up there.
- I can wiggle my ears
- What was the last concert you went to? Favorite concert?
Last concert was a free Sheryl Crow (and others) concert which is a lame answer because I left early. Favorite – a couple. 30 seconds to mars, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jane’s Addiction (and all of Lollapalooza). I used to go to concerts a LOT.
- What is your favorite place in the United States that you have been to?
A baby island in Maine. Cranberry Island. And Hawaii. And Zion National Park. Swoon.
- What is your all-time favorite book? movie?
Book – Bergdorf Blondes. Movie – cannot pick
- Share a picture of yourself when you were little. If you don’t have one, share a recent picture! Or share both.
Since I just did this. Here’s one I just found of my first day on this planet. Me and my momma
- How much time (on average) do you spend on the internet each day?
- What is your favorite “genre” of food? Mexican, Italian, etc.
- What has been your favorite birthday? What did you do that made it so special?
Oh so many. But my most favorite ones were the ones my mom organized when I was young. Maybe that tea party with all the girls. That was a great memory.
- What is your favorite song RIGHT NOW?
Katy Perry – Dark Horse
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
No mornings please
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
Bad drivers. I mean I do live in Orlando. They multiply like flies.
- What’s your favorite post you’ve ever written?
This one. First post I ever wrote (although published later). This was a close second.
And my questions:
- What is your favorite color?
- If you could have any super power what would it be? Why?
- Can you play any instruments?
- What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
- Favorite vacation destination you’ve been to? Dream destination?
- What’s your sign? Astrological that is.
- Who is the first blogger you connected with (that you didn’t know) after you started blogging?
- What is your favorite smell?
- What’s your favorite guilty pleasure (food)?
- Ocean or mountains?
- Silver or gold?
And the nominations are: