I don’t know if you know this about me, but I am a bourbon lover. From the way it’s made and the process to the bottling and marketing and high standards. I have this problem where I don’t shut up about it when I’m asked a question or if someone mentions it. Such a nerd. So it was natural that I created a bourbon bucket list.
But I suppose that’s not a bad thing. I could be obsessed with drugs or something (I’m not – let’s ensure that’s totally clear). And I’m getting off on a tangent already.
This blog post idea came to me when I was responding to a comment about a recent tour I went on. And the Bourbon Bucket List* was born!
I’m not going to lie, I’m not sure where this is headed, but I’m going to wing it (as I do with most things in life) and see where it goes. Are you along for the ride?
3. Take a gander at Heaven Hill Distilleries
4. Visit Jim Beam
5. Go to Jim Beam’s grandson’s house and the Jim Beam Man Cave
6. Take a tour of Maker’s Mark and dip my own bottle
7. Visit Town Branch Bourbon
8. Go to Wild Turkey and play in a barrel graveyard and shoot skeet with Master and Junior Distillers Jimmy and Eddie Russell
9. Watch a barrel roll down the track at Woodford Reserve
10. Explore the Evan Williams Bourbon Experience
11. Attend the Kentucky Bourbon Affair
12. Drink a mint julep at the Kentucky Derby
13. Make bourbon balls
14. Make a bourbon/brown sugar hand scrub
15. Drink Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale and love it
16. Get a job working for a bourbon company
17. Join the Bourbon Women organization
18. Work for/contribute to the Kentucky Distillers Association
19. Perfect my skill at making an Old Fashioned (my fav drink)
20. Attend the Kentucky Bourbon Festival
21. Become a Maker’s Mark Ambassador
Clearly, there will be more things to add to this list. That’s where I need your help. Any ideas? And if you’re not a big bourbon nerd like me, then just wait and watch me check them off the list!
*The ones in bold are ones I’ve already completed.