It’s no secret I’ve been MIA this year. My motivation has been down and quite frankly, I haven’t had a hell of a lot to say.
But starting today, all of that changes.
Today starts my new year, so-to-speak. My focus on what’s important. And it centers around taking care of myself.
It’s not as if I’ve forgotten what it looks like to be selfish. God knows I can be. But, lately, I feel overwhelmed and too busy to think. I am caught up and I need a break. Yesterday, I started thinking about what I can do to take care of myself in 2018. What can I start? What can I reignite?
- Meditation. I got into this years ago…why did I stop? Excuses. But no more. I feel better when I meditate regularly, so that’s at top of my list.
- Yoga. This kinda goes along with meditation – but also adding the added bod benefits. This is a no brainer.
- Sunday non-fundays. That name is kinda not fair to my fav Sunday activity of blogging and doing downright nothing. But to be honest, it’s something I need to get back to.
- Routines. I’ve gotten terrible at it, and this non-planner loves a little routine. It keeps me centered.
- Travel. I didn’t do much of this in 2017 as I was taking care of some other things in my life (hello Invisalign, etc.). So this must begin again. ::Side note – anyone want to see a post where I discuss my Invisalign journey? I am scheduled to be done with it in the next few months, so I thought I’d throw the question out there.
- My bourbon trip. I went in 2016 and 2014, so it’s clearly time to visit some of my fav bourbon people and make my heart happy. Plus, I’ll see my parents which is a two-birds-one-stone happy meal of sorts.
- Weight. loss. I’ve been eating and drinking all the things and I’ve been talking about how unhappy I am for a while now. It’s time to lock it up. For real this time. I just want to be happy and healthy and that’s definitely not too much to ask.
- Saying no. Year of me…this needs to happen.
- Positive affirmations. I have been hard on myself. I don’t feel pretty lately and I need to start being nicer to myself. Maybe being vulnerable and saying it here will really be a kick in the pants for me.
- Work goals. I don’t talk about my job on here for obvious reasons. But my job is important to me. I like what I do and I work hard. This year, I have so many goals I want to achieve and I don’t want anything to get in my way.
- Art. I haven’t been painting in a while and my easel is staring at me (no really, it’s right in front of me). It’s time to start being creative again.
With that said, I think this list about covers it. In 2018, I’ll be taking care of myself and I can’t wait for what this year will bring.