Every so often I get a wild hair to just take a moment and breathe. That also means stepping away from the blog and not worrying about anything else but my present moment. This is something I’ve been doing more and more of lately and I’m not ashamed of it. But! I missed you little bugs last week. Only one post? The travesty!
And now it’s Monday all over again and I think we’re all in agreement the weekend went way. too. fast.
Related: I’m also in a bit of a blogging rut. What to write about? It’ll come.
So today, I thought I’d kick it list-style and jot down what brings me joy right now. Because no one wants a list of things that piss me off. Or do you? Heh.
In no particular order…
- concert after concert after concert. I had to actually look at my calendar and count how many I have gone to so far this year. Billy Joel, Third Eye Blind, Judah & the Lion, Incubus, James Arthur, Lindsay Sterling, Silversun Pickups, Covet, oh and about a million more at Hangout Music Festival. And two I already have tickets for later this year? Mumford & Sons and Lady Gaga. Ohhhh yeah.
- laughing so hard and smiling for days. I swear, random acts of laughing are just highly recommended. Also: saying yes.
- snuggling with this lil guy. He gave me a little scare the other week and of course, similar to how I’d diagnose myself, I assume death is coming. Luckily it was just dehydration and a couple things. Sigh. <insert ‘jump to conclusions’ mat here>
- friggen Game of Thrones coming back. I MEAN IT HAS BEEN FOREVER. WINTER IS HERE.
- alllllll the cold brew. Especially on tap from Foxtail. Aka my second home.
- finally starting my commission piece I’ve been delaying (slightly). It’s going to be a challenging one and I’m stoked to make it work. Don’t worry, you’ll get to see the finished product here when I’m done.
- Wonder Woman. I finally saw it last weekend and I totally get it now. All of it. I haven’t loved a superhero movie in a long time and this one did it for me.
- the sunsets lately. I mean, come on Florida. Now you’re just showing off. You probably saw this guy posted on Insta, but it’s so good I had to share again. Hashtag no filter.
- getting a lot accomplished this week. I have pilates (twice!), hair appointment (these are a big deal as I go 3x a year), and a fun happy hour with a new friend. Let the good times roll. Who needs to relax when all the fun things are happening?
- a cold beer on a Sunday afternoon. Maybe while writing blog posts? I’ll let you decide.
- this photo. It does not need an explanation.
So what brings you joy lately? Tell me you don’t wanna just snuggle into that photo above? Just me? Ok then. Happy Monday!