It’s no secret that I adore celebrations – birthdays, anniversaries – really any excuse to shower someone with love and presents. Tomorrow just so happens to be the most important birthday of them all – my momma’s!
So to celebrate, I’m sharing some of the favorite things you’ve taught me, mom – and some of your best qualities, which I can only hope to have someday.
- Your big heart – I got this from you. You shower love endlessly, which makes your heart so fragile. But it’s one of your best qualities.
- Your sense of humility – You appreciate all the things in your life – big and small. You’ve worked hard for it.
- Your laugh – As unique as your sneeze – I can spot it a mile away.
- The way you look at JB (my step-dad) – You still giggle when you talk about him, and that – is something I strive for.
- Your love of turtlenecks – I cannot pass down a moment to rock one too. They are still so flattering, what can I say?
- Your fantastic shopping sense – I mean, I have snagged some deals in my day. You taught me everything I know.
- Love of quality over quantity – A quality item – whether a jacket or a couch – is always better than a cheap piece of you-know-what.
- The way you tie random swear words together – and you’ll hate me for saying that here – but it makes me laugh!
- Speaking of that – Your sense of humor – I tell everyone you’re the funniest person, but you don’t really know it. That dry sense of humor is another great quality I get from you.
- You never give up – But oh, you know when it’s time to.
- Decorating mastership – You know you can decorate the hell out of any space. And man, do I wish I was half as good as you.
- Your work ethic – You take pride in all things you work so hard at. And I have that too. Hard work pays off.
- Last but not least, you’re the best mother – I may never end up with any kiddos of my own, but if I do – I hope to be half as good as you were with us. I wasn’t the easiest (still not, ha) and you put up with a lot. So thanks, sweet momma.
Have the happiest of birthdays tomorrow. I’ll see you next week!