You know when you find something awesome and then feel the need to share the love with everyone and anyone? And no, I’m not talking about a man (yeah that’s where my head went initially as well). I’m talking about my love of my Himalayan salt lamp.
When I posted about this Himalayan Salt Lamp on Friday, I didn’t realize that y’all didn’t know about the many stellar benefits of this little gem.
While some info isn’t supported by major medical companies, you can’t deny the beauty in these natural rocks. Many swear by them. And there are a lot of studies that show some cool positive benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps, including their ability to produce negative ions. Other benefits include:
- Increased serotonin and oxygen to the brain – which decreases stress and boosts energy
- Clean and deodorize air – they attract water molecules from the surrounding environment then absorb those molecules – as well as any foreign particles they may be carrying – into the salt crystal
- Reduce allergy symptoms – they help remove dust particles from the air
- Better sleep (another reason why I need them in the bedroom, other than the sexy sexy lighting) – aligns with that increased oxygen to the brain
- Improved mood
- Helps with seasonal affective disorder (SAD) – that sexy mood lighting is kinda great, right? Reminds you of the sun
- Good for the environment
- Last forever – if taken care of properly, they will last longer than you. Who doesn’t love that?
So, at the very least, grabbing one of these bad boys will get you some gorgeous lighting as well as some cleaner air. What you waiting for?
This is a non-sponsored, non-paid (minus a baby affiliate link) endorsement of my love of these salt lamps. ;) Enjoy!